Monday, December 16, 2013

CORNELL FASHION DESIGN AWARD + UPDATE





Hi Readers. Yup it's been awhile. Not gonna give excuses, I know I have been lazy with blogging. Let's just get into it.

So lots have been happening.

1) I entered in my design for the Cornell Fashion Design Award which is what you see above. For more info about it, click here. This year's theme was "Fashion Goes Superhuman" which is inspired by this year's Olympics. We are suppose to design a garment that is inspired by our favorite athlete, or our concept of toughness, speed, power, grace, and/or dedication. This was really stressful but really fun to do. I already had a design prior to this but I just wasn't feeling it so this is what I came up with. By the way, I submitted this 2 minutes before the deadline, and after 2 declined credit cards. Talk about stress. 




2) Myself and my school's fashion club is organizing a charity fashion show and all proceeds go to the victims of Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda in the Philippines. This means a lot to me because my family was affected, and many of them don't have homes, or power. Especially it being the holiday season, I think it's important that I give back because this was the place where I grew up, and this is my home. This is where my family is at. I don't feel comfortable having a good holiday here while they are suffering over there. SO, I am designing a 15 (hopefully) piece collection inspired by what's happened, and the outcome. I want it to tell the story of this devastation, and how the people of the Philippines are going to get through it because we are strong, and can get through anything. It's also going to have a lot of Punk and Floral influences. 

I HAVE MISSED BLOGGING AND TALKING TO YOU GUYS !! I WILL TRY TO DO IT MORE OFTEN !! THANKS FOR READING !!

XO SEAN <3

No comments:

Post a Comment